mrs. marianne

Living Life with Lots of Love!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

21 as of May 16th

Well, well, well. I guess it was my turn to turn the big 21... Now I'm legal to do almost anything, and am considered an adult here in the US of A. It feels not too different from being 20. But I do feel a difference from turning 20 to turning 21. I am, tross alt, married!
And today is the 17th of May, Norway's independence day, where all children walk in parades and everyone is happy eating ice cream and waving their flags at the king. I am here, in America, trying my best not to think too much about it. It's not that hard, either, cause nothing here really reminds me of Norway. It is so different...

Well, I thought I could update you on how my birthday went, as it was a great birthday. Christen made it so special, and he really made me feel happy, even though I couldn't spend my day with my friends and family all over the world... Not even my mamma...

After sleeping in for a loooong time, I made Christen coffee, and he made me breakfast. We had previously opened one birthday present the night before my birthday, so as to celebrate it in Norwegian time. I got a great book from Inki, and "Big Momma's House", (a dvd), from David. So after breakfast we sat down and started the day off lazily, by watching my present from David.

I opened all my presents, (THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!) and decided to go to the mall to buy stuff for all my birthday money:).. But on the way there, Christen decided we should go bowling, so we bowled two rounds. And guess what! The second round I won!!! I was very happy, as Christen is really good at bowling. Yeay:):)

And then we were gonna go shopping. But Christen wanted me to get my nails done, and so we went to the shopping center, down some stairs, and found a great place where they did manicures. So while I sat there being pampered, Christen walked around, getting hungry.

So instead of going shopping, which I really wanted to, we decided to go out to eat, at a restaurant/ pub, I'd wanted to go to for a long time. It's called Mc Guires, and is a really nice Irish wine cellar/ bar/ excellent steak house. Haha, the wine list was incredible! They had rare bottles that cost over 15,000 dollars!!! It was INSANE.

SInce it was my birthday, we decided to not be cheap, and so we had a starter, which we normally don't. We had, what the waiter had recommended, fried cheese. I thought, eeeh... Ok:??? But it was actually REALLY good! I was surprised! And as soon as we finished that, we got served two ceaser salads (GREAT I might add), and typical Irish bread. It was weird, but good...
We ate and ate, and when the time had come, they served us our meal, premium steak with garlic mashed potatoes, gratinated tomatoes, and onion rings. It was Amazing! Such a good meal! We got full so fast, and I had to bring most of my food home... :)

So when we thought we'd be asked if we wanted our bill, 7 waiters and waitresses came out of the kitchen singing ME the birthday song, making me blush, and gave me a free brownie with ice cream on top! It was so cool, I got so happy. It really was the highlight of the day:) It was the BEST brownie I've ever tasted in my life, with pecan nuts inside, and tons of chocolate stuff dripping down from the ice cream, and ooooohh... It was sooooo good........... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I can taste it now...... If you ever come to Pensacola, I'll be sure to bring you here, just for the brownie!

Drove home and watched a home video that I recieved in the mail that day from Monica, about several cabin trips we've been on. It was so good to see my friends in action on my birthday. And then, to top the day off, Monica, Elisa and Helene called me!!!! I was so surprised when I saw the message on my phone, I cried! You guys, you're so sweet! I love you!

Thank you so much all of you, for writing me emails, giving me cards and presents and e cards! I am so appreciative, you really made my day. Thank you all again! I love you! God bless you sooooooooooooooo much!

6 Comments:

  • At May 17, 2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Så bra at du har hatt ein fin bursdag...og hvis d e nogen trøst så har me hatt MASSE regn her i dag på selveste 17...ikkje mye å trakte etter altså...

     
  • At May 18, 2006 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Darling! I'm glad you had a great birthday! Did you get my email? You will need to come out to California and I'll show you the proper way to party like a 21 year old!!!!

    Miss you and love you lots!

    Katy xxx

     
  • At May 18, 2006 6:18 AM, Blogger Miriam said…

    Den brownien så digg ut.. nesten så jeg må ta en tur! :)

    Glad for at dagen din ble fin, og 17.mai var ikke så mye å skryte av i år. Regn og regn, det så ut som om det var bedre vær i Pensacola, for å si det sånn!

    Snart sommer.. glær mæ!

     
  • At May 23, 2006 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hei Marianne. Gratulerer så mye med dagen. Tenkte på deg, fordi jeg husket på dagen din og lurte på hvordan du har det i USA. Jenny sendte meg informasjon om bloggen din, og da kunne jeg jo se. Så gøy. Og så fint at du har det bra. Hilsen Wencke.

     
  • At May 24, 2006 2:40 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Congrats with a well overstått!

     
  • At May 24, 2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Jentene på den andra siå said…

    hei du min kjære søte venn'! håpe du hadde en storarta dag, det fortjente du! you look fantastic som alltid!
    gla i deg!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home