mrs. marianne

Living Life with Lots of Love!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer!

Yet another way too late blog. When life brings you so much excitement blogging is usually not the top priority. But I should stay up to date on it so you can be informed about our lives and keep us in your prayers... :)
We are doing well. It's summer break right now, and I work two jobs. I am working at school for Multicultural Services- which is where I work during the school year, and I am working at a children's musical camp, where they are doing the Sound of Music. I am helping with the dancing, acting, and also helping to make the costumes. It is very exciting. There are about 17 kids, aged 6- 12. They are so sweet, but SO rich! It's crazy. Many of them have very famous family, and so their stories are very interesting. It's funny how even though you have lots of money you still lack essentials- like quality time with family... I'm so blessed, even though our finances aren't the best now that both of us will be going full time to school, but God always provides, and I have the best family I could ever ask for. Blessed by the Best!

Christen and I are in a musical together this summer - South Pacific, where we both have pretty good parts. It's very exciting, and Christen is doing an amazing job, and everyone loves us both. We have been promoted to dance captains, which means that when the choreographer is not there we help run the dances with the cast. It's exciting, but hard work- especially when some of the people in the cast give you attitude because they assume they're better than us. (Which they might be, but we have been chosen because we are faithful, and always in a good mood... )

In a week I'll have Katrine from Norway visiting, which we are SO excited about, and then after she leaves my family comes for two and a half weeks. And a week after that we'll be heading to the North of Florida for Christen's mother's family reunion. I am looking forward to meeting his extended family, and I can't wait to see my family again! It's been too long. I wish I could go home this summer for Helene's wedding, and Reidun's baby (!), but I'll be coming to Norway for Christmas, and I'll get to spend lots of time with everyone then.

I hope you are all doing very well. I hope you can feel God's presence in your lives, and walk in His will for your life! Christen and I are getting much better at growing closer to God together, and we feel as though we are able to spread His light in the circumstances we are in. It is great to be in a cast with a lot of non-Christians, and be able to be a light in their world. Which it is obvious that we are.
May God bless your summer, and may you grow closer to Him everyday.

Lots of love

2 Comments:

  • At June 15, 2008 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marianne, i morgon er det berre fire veker til vi ddreg for å kome til dykk! jippiiiii! Høyrest ut til at du og Christen er på rett plass, - med alt de får gjort!Gled meg til å snakke med dykk igjen! Mamsen

     
  • At June 16, 2008 7:14 AM, Blogger Inki and Ole Einar said…

    Så kjekt, Marianne. Høres ut som du får en god sommer! :-) Jeg gleder meg veldig til å komme til dere igjen, kan nesten ikke vente til å se dere igjen! Vi har så mye å fortelle hverandre! :-) Glad i deg! Stoor klem - og hils Christen!
    P.S Så bra at dere kjenner Guds godhet! Fortsett å være et lys for andre, dere er sikkert kjempeflinke til det! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home