mrs. marianne

Living Life with Lots of Love!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Palm Beach



Christen and I drove down to Palm Beach this weekend to audition for the theatre course at Palm Beach Atlantic University. It's down by Miami, so it took us about 12 hours to drive. We stopped here in Gulf Breeze first, to change the oil in our car. Turns out we had tons of stuff to fix in our engine, so we didn't get going until about two hours after we'd planned to. aaargh...
Since I've got my learners permit, I drove about 4 hours each way, which was fun. Driving 120 km/h, with trucks on both sides of me, yeah, it was fun. :)
We arrived safely, and found a hotel pretty fast, as we stopped in a town before we hit West Palm Beach, (as it is spring break, all hotels are fully booked, so we were really blessed).
Friday I auditioned, the worst audition I've EVER done, but with Gods help I might get in anyway. It was a beautiful school, and amazing to be down there. There were palm trees everywhere, and the sun was shining, and people were smiling, and it was just beautiful.
THe school is a Christian school, so a requirement is that you have to go to chapel once a week. The church was absolutely beautiful, and we got so excited. You also have to do community service as a school requirement, so that is cool too! You can do anything you want, as long as it's with a non profit organization. It was so much fun being down there, and we really really hope I'll get in. Christen allready got in to the entrepreneurship program, so it's up to my audition whether we'll be going there in the fall or not. SO please pray, as we really want this to happen!
Now we're back safely at home, after a long detour yesterday, when Christen missed the sign for I 10, and we ended up driving an hour into Georgia. Haha... Tonight we'll be going to church, and this week will probable be spent cleaning house and painting a wall in church before my family comes on friday!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! YEAY!!!!
WEll, I hope you all are doing good, write me emails!
Love you all,
love mariannne

2 Comments:

  • At April 03, 2006 5:23 AM, Blogger Miriam said…

    You are both in my prayers, and I'm sure you didn't do as bad on the audition as you think. Hope everything will work out for you guys, you deserve it!
    Lots of love, Miriam

     
  • At April 03, 2006 8:28 AM, Blogger Monica said…

    Lykke masse til...eg ska folde hender titt og ofte...:)både for at du må komme inn der du vil og at alle som e på veien med deg ska bli verna...;) Neida, eg tenke du e flink te å kjøre eg...Eg meine med meg som forbilde, kan det bedre bli...nei nå blei det masse tull, eg ska be for skolen...Ha en FANTASTISK dag

     

Post a Comment

<< Home